The City of Vaughan’s Commercial Backflow Prevention By-law
As per the City of Vaughan’s website, on December 13, 2020, City of Vaughan approved a new Backflow Prevention By-law 177-2020 (PDF). The updated Backflow Prevention By-law will help the City monitor hazards that could potentially contaminate the Municipal Drinking Water System. The by-law will help protect over 1,200 km’s of regulated watermain and almost 100,000 water service connections that are monitored and maintained by the Water Services Department.
The goal of the Backflow Prevention Program is to ensure Vaughan’s water is safe for businesses and residents to drink and use.
The City of Vaughan’s Backflow Prevention Program and the Backflow Prevention By-law 177-2020 (PDF) is designed to protect the City of Vaughan’s water system to safeguard the quality of water being delivered to businesses and residents. This is done by the installation of a backflow prevention device that prevents the discharge of contaminating substances into the drinking water system.
Contact us at anytime if you have questions regarding your property.
Summary of Property Owner’s Responsibilities
To comply with the program, you may be required to:
- Fill out the Information Request Form (PDF) for each property you own in Vaughan.
- When notified by the City, have a Qualified Company complete a Cross-Connection Survey
- When notified by the City, have a Qualified Company install the appropriate backflow prevention device(s) with permit and test
- When the property owner has completed the required steps an application to verify compliance (PDF) must be submitted.
- Have a Qualified Company repeat the backflow test annually every year thereafter.
We take care of the entire process. Contact us at anytime to discuss the requirements of your property or obtain a quote.
You must hire a Qualified Company to conduct a Cross-Connection Survey or Backflow Testing and Repairs in the City of Vaughan. EOS Mechanical Inc. remains a Qualified Company and is registered with the City.
Trust the experts! Backflow Prevention is all we do! Contact us